Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am missing my Fade Transition from Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9

What happened? I opened up my project that had the fade not it looks like this where the fade use to be...

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:34 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 10, 2020 10:46 AM in response to edgarnaz

What exactly is the name of this transition? There is a built-in "Fade To Color", not "Fade". Is that it?

If it is a third party transition, check with the developer if it needs an update (unlikely, but still...)

If this is the built-in transition, try each of the following, in order:

• deleting preferences: hold down Command and Option while starting FCP and click "Delete Preferences". The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

• drag the application to the trash and download a fresh copy from the App Store

I am missing my Fade Transition from Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.