Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Mac Mini Mid-2010 support AirPlay?

I have a Mac Mini Mid-2010 with macOS High Sierra. "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" is checked in display options, and Apple TV is available. But there is no AirPlay icon in the menu bar. When I click to turn off mirroring options, and then click to turn it on again, the icons in the menu bar to the left of the Time Machine icon jerk twice to the left, but no icon actually appears.

I can, with some effort and luck, mirror video to Apple TV from Safari, but it isn't stable. It tends to drop out when I do anything like start the video or roll it back to 0:00.

Is this a feature that doesn't exist in the 2010 hardware, or is it something I can fix?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 6:02 PM

You gave a link to the requirements for AirPlay (which is not AirPlay 2). One of the "devices you can stream from" is "Mac." Besides the Mac Mini I also have a Powerbook G4 running OS X 10.5.8. It's a Mac. Are you ready to tell me I can stream AirPlay from that Mac? I didn't think so, which is why I didn't believe that list of requirements and asked the question. Am I wrong? Can I really stream AirPlay from that Mac?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 6:02 PM in response to samtenor

You gave a link to the requirements for AirPlay (which is not AirPlay 2). One of the "devices you can stream from" is "Mac." Besides the Mac Mini I also have a Powerbook G4 running OS X 10.5.8. It's a Mac. Are you ready to tell me I can stream AirPlay from that Mac? I didn't think so, which is why I didn't believe that list of requirements and asked the question. Am I wrong? Can I really stream AirPlay from that Mac?

Does Mac Mini Mid-2010 support AirPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.