Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac doesn't accept Apple ID but on Iphone it does

I can log into the app store on my phone and Ipad with my account. I can even log in on this website with the same information. But I cannot get my Mac to accept my Apple ID and password after I changed my password. I have signed out and tried to log back in and get an unknown error occurred.

I cannot update/download apps or access my iCloud on the Mac.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:19 AM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 8:19 AM in response to big_kahuna150

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode. 

Isolating an issue by using another user account   

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Sep 10, 2020 11:30 PM in response to big_kahuna150

big_kahuna150 Said:

"Mac doesn't accept Apple ID but on Iphone it does"

-------

Is this a Used Mac?

If Yes:

If this is a used Mac, you need to contact the previous owner, and have them sign themselves out. Elsewise, it is a paperweight just sitting atop your desk.

If Not:

• Try Creating: a new administrator and login through it
  • Try Safe Mode: Hold Down: the shift key upon boot and log in. In Safe Mode, caches(Application Setting Files) are set aside, and login items do not load upon boot.

Mac doesn't accept Apple ID but on Iphone it does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.