Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Screen Transitions

Quick question;

I've got a back ground clip, two green screen clips on top of the main "back ground clip". I want to add a "fade to color" transition to my green screen clips, I put them on the green screen clips, but for some reason, the entire screen below my green screen clips dips to black. Including the back ground.

I'm confused as to why. The only clips that should be affected to the fade to color/dip to black should be the green screen clips correct?

If not, is there a way to do this? I hope that makes sense.

Thank you all in advance.

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:43 AM

Let me see if I got it: you are adding the Fade to Color transition between two greenscreen clips in the foreground, right?

So say we want the chickens to fade and give way to the butterfly

The problem with fade to black is that, well... it fades to black, not to transparent...

I suppose you want the background to stay unchanged, like this (though probably not with chickens and a butterfly 😀)

Here what I suggest you try: open the Video Animation panel, and use the fade handles to, er... fade.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 10:43 AM in response to jjkage84

Let me see if I got it: you are adding the Fade to Color transition between two greenscreen clips in the foreground, right?

So say we want the chickens to fade and give way to the butterfly

The problem with fade to black is that, well... it fades to black, not to transparent...

I suppose you want the background to stay unchanged, like this (though probably not with chickens and a butterfly 😀)

Here what I suggest you try: open the Video Animation panel, and use the fade handles to, er... fade.

Green Screen Transitions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.