Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The tv is frozen on a layer of different screens. How do I reset or get out of there?

The tv is frozen on a layer of different screens. How do I reset from the Apple remote?

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 3:45 PM

You’ve activated the app switcher, swipe up to close the app it’s stuck on, Press the menu button to return to the previous screen Or long press menu to go directly to home screen. If it’s still stuck, then restart from settings or unplug for a minute or two.

*Double tapping the Home button brings up the app switcher- when apps get stuck you can use this to force close them

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 3:45 PM in response to Pixelsandpaint

You’ve activated the app switcher, swipe up to close the app it’s stuck on, Press the menu button to return to the previous screen Or long press menu to go directly to home screen. If it’s still stuck, then restart from settings or unplug for a minute or two.

*Double tapping the Home button brings up the app switcher- when apps get stuck you can use this to force close them

The tv is frozen on a layer of different screens. How do I reset or get out of there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.