Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing Lid Options

I'm Macbook Pro 2020 users.

when I closing lid i don't understand is that goes on sleep mode or always on.

Problem is When open lid mac will automatically on, is there any options to stop that

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:32 PM

When you close the lid your Mac will go to sleep, unless you have external display/keyboard/mouse and AC power connected (i.e. you're using the Mac in clamshell mode). Admittedly, it's a bit like closing your refrigerator – you just have to trust that the light goes out.

4 replies

Sep 11, 2020 1:51 PM in response to tanvir4x

You cannot turn off the auto boot feature in the settings, however, it can be disabled with a Terminal command.

Launch Applications > Utilities > Terminal, and then enter the following command exactly (you can copy/paste):

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00

Hit return, then you'll need authenticate with your admin password.

If you ever want to re-enable auto boot, repeat with the following:

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%03

Closing Lid Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.