Macbook pro turning off every time I close the lid

Since updating my Macbook pro to Catalina, it turns itself off when I close the lid, and then takes a very long time to wake up again whenever I open it. How do I change the settings to just sleep and not fully turn off everytime I close the lid? (It used to be fine and didn't do this until the recent update) thank you!

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:29 AM

Purplerainbowgirl wrote:

Since updating my Macbook pro to Catalina, it turns itself off when I close the lid, and then takes a very long time to wake up again whenever I open it. How do I change the settings to just sleep and not fully turn off everytime I close the lid? (It used to be fine and didn't do this until the recent update) thank you!

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:29 AM in response to Purplerainbowgirl

Purplerainbowgirl wrote:

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Macbook pro turning off every time I close the lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.