Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud Drive doesn’t show any files

I got my first ever Apple device today (2020 iPad Pro 11 inch) and the experience so far has been horrible. I used notability to take a few notes. Then used the camera app to take a few pics. The Auto sync In notability is on. In the settings menu of the tab, The iCloud Drive option is on and iCloud backup option is also on. But none of my files show up in the iCloud Drive section of the files app. Every time I take a pic or write a note, I go to the settings and click manage storage in the iCloud menu and I notice that the storage is decreasing. Which means the files are saving on iCloud. But why can’t I see them? I uninstalled and then installed the files App couple of times. Updated my iPad software, signed out and then signed in again with my iCloud Id but still My notes don’t show up in the files. I also logged in on iCloud from a windows laptop, same result. The files didn’t show up. But when I uploaded a random doc file from my windows laptop to my iCloud, it did show up in my files app in my iPad. Can anyone please help with this?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 10:37 AM

Regarding photos, if you have iCloud Photos turned on, the photos sync with iCloud and to other devices where iCloud Photos is turned on. They are accessed via the Photos app on those devices or by logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Photos app there. They are not in iCloud Drive and are not accessed via the Files app. More information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Apple's Notes app is similar in that notes synced to iCloud are viewed in the Notes app on all devices or by logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Notes app there. They are not in iCloud Drive and are not accessed via the Files app.

I don't use Notability. I see from their support site that they have an option to sync through iCloud but I don't see any mention of accessing their data in iCloud Drive. You may want to check with them to be sure: https://support.gingerlabs.com/hc/en-us/categories/200286908-General-Information

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 10:37 AM in response to tanveerjoy1829

Regarding photos, if you have iCloud Photos turned on, the photos sync with iCloud and to other devices where iCloud Photos is turned on. They are accessed via the Photos app on those devices or by logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Photos app there. They are not in iCloud Drive and are not accessed via the Files app. More information in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Apple's Notes app is similar in that notes synced to iCloud are viewed in the Notes app on all devices or by logging into www.icloud.com and going to the Notes app there. They are not in iCloud Drive and are not accessed via the Files app.

I don't use Notability. I see from their support site that they have an option to sync through iCloud but I don't see any mention of accessing their data in iCloud Drive. You may want to check with them to be sure: https://support.gingerlabs.com/hc/en-us/categories/200286908-General-Information

ICloud Drive doesn’t show any files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.