Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro make subtle, fast clicking sound when "idling"

I've seen other customers describe a similar problem where my AirPods Pro make a quiet, rapid click in a steady rhythm of about 3-4 times per second, sort of like turning the dial on a safe or morse code. To clarify:

1. This is much subtler and not the same as the louder clicking sound when when pressing the stem button for pause/play/etc. and not like the static popping or crackling noises I've seen reported here and have had before with other Bluetooth and noise-cancelling earbuds.

2. While others have said they only get this click in ANC or Transparency mode, it's happening for me in ANC, Transparency, and Off. However...

3. It only seems to happen when the AirPods Pro are "disengaged", almost like it's an idling sound. If I make any input (tap stem button, toggle noise settings between ANC/Transparency/Off, unlock my iPhone, or remove AirPod from ear and put back in), the clicking stops, then starts again after 10 or 15 seconds of idle time. There is no clicking noise when I'm playing audio, so the clicking is truly only when the AirPods are paused/idle.

Are mine faulty? Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:31 PM

Yes, I’ve followed everything I’ve found in the support site but nothing has quite described or at all resolved the issue. I’ve started a ticket with Apple Support, thanks

Similar questions

2 replies

AirPods Pro make subtle, fast clicking sound when "idling"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.