Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay resolution on Honda Accord

I have a Honda Accord 2020 model in Malaysia and have been using Apple Carplay. The display resolution on the car infotainment system was crystal clear with smooth graphic and text edges, until recently, the resolution changed. Whenever I use Carplay, the display resolution on my Accord looks pixelated. However, when not using Carplay, the display resolution is normal (which is high res). I was convinced that it was the issue with my phone, so I tried another iPhone but the issue remains the same (with pixelated screen).

I tried many other options to diagnose this issue but to no avail. The steps I took includes:

1) changing the iPhone cable (and I use the original cable by Apple)

2) restart my iPhone

3) update to the latest iOS

I am using iPhone XS Max on iOS13.7. Not sure if anyone of you have this issue. Need some tips in how I can get back the high res display for my Carplay on my car infotainment system.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 9:05 PM

Hi, you can check these resources: If you need help with CarPlay and Use CarPlay with your iPhone

You may also want to check with your car manufacturer if they have any firmware updates for CarPlay.

You may also want to restore your phone as new:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 9:05 PM in response to Heartbreaker81

Hi, you can check these resources: If you need help with CarPlay and Use CarPlay with your iPhone

You may also want to check with your car manufacturer if they have any firmware updates for CarPlay.

You may also want to restore your phone as new:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Carplay resolution on Honda Accord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.