Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn iCloud photos back on?

I disabled iCloud photos in order to delete everything (it is now backed up elsewhere). How do I turn iCloud photos back on? I have followed all the steps, but the photos on my devices are now not uploading to the cloud?

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 12:24 PM

To turn it back on or enable it - Settings > Name > iCloud > Photos > switch on. You stated the photos are "now backed up elsewhere". Do you happen to know where they are now? Is the device plugged in to power and connected to WiFi to allow them to sync again with your device?

6 replies

Sep 13, 2020 2:18 PM in response to zinacef

Okay. I resolved that issue. I now need to disable iCloud on my PC. It appears that there are photos stored to iCloud from the PC. I can’t figure out which photos they are, but they are using up my iCloud storage.

I have tried deleting from iCloud on all my devices and on iCloud.com, but my storage is still indicating 2.4GB of photos are on the cloud.

This 2.4 GB is not displaying on any device or the website. How can I delete what I can not see?

When I disable, the space becomes available. When I turn it back on, the 2.4GB is again taking up space.

The only thing I see as a solution is to disable, wait 30 days for everything to delete from the Cloud, and then enable again.

Any other ideas?

How do I turn iCloud photos back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.