You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before updating to Catalina I was exporting Yahoo financials to my excel program. now iit exports to numbers. how do i export to my excel program?

Before updating to Catalina, I was exporting Yahoo financial to my excel program. Now it exports to Numbers. How do I get it to export to Excel?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 2:57 PM

The following should work. Open Finder and find one of those Numbers files. Select (highlight) the file in Finder then use the Finder File menu Get Info (or command I). That will open an Info window. In the Info window's "Open With" section, select Excel and then click the Change All button.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 2:57 PM in response to Excelman

The following should work. Open Finder and find one of those Numbers files. Select (highlight) the file in Finder then use the Finder File menu Get Info (or command I). That will open an Info window. In the Info window's "Open With" section, select Excel and then click the Change All button.

Before updating to Catalina I was exporting Yahoo financials to my excel program. now iit exports to numbers. how do i export to my excel program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.