Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Autistic grandson and I bought him an iPhone so I can always locate him. I had to put a credit card on the phone to be able to load the apps we wanted on the phone even though they were free. What can I do about his charges?

Since I did not know that he could then buy music and so forth on his phone, he has charged thousands of dollars to my credit card. He can’t even read or write, so how do they set this up to charge for things automatically? I thought I could stop this by changing the credit card number, but this did not change anything. Now I owe on two cards. I have now bought a refillable credit card for him and put this on his iPhone. But this automatically charges extra for everything he does, so it eats up the money quickly. What can I do about this to help my family?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:44 PM

I'm guessing you'll want something like parental controls to be set up..

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can review any subscriptions he set up and cancel as needed..

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

I have an Autistic grandson and I bought him an iPhone so I can always locate him. I had to put a credit card on the phone to be able to load the apps we wanted on the phone even though they were free. What can I do about his charges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.