Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload photos from my System Photo Library to websites (e.g. Facebook)?

Hi! Whenever i need to upload photos from my macbook pro to a website, it's impossible. I select PICTURES, then PHOTOS LIBRARY whereupon I can see ATTACHMENTS.LEGACY, DATABASE, EXTERNAL, MASTERS.LEGACY, ORIGINALS, PRIVATE and RESOURCES....

If I select ORIGINALS (the obvious choice, I thought), I get folders 0 to 9 and A to F... when I click into any of them, there are my pics, but in no order, with no rhyme or reason.

Have I set something up wrong? Is there a way this can be as easy as uploading from a PC?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 2:03 AM

To upload from your Photos Library use the Media Browser. Do not try to access the Photos Library directly from the Finder. It is no longer easy to navigate after the Catalina upgrade, because the internal structure has been changed ( How Photos 5.0 on Catalina Manages original Files and Filenames).

When you open the file chooser on your Facebook Website to select files to upload, go to the Media section of the sidebar of the File Chooser window, click "Photos", then select the Photos library and click the tiny disclosure triangle to the left of Photos Library to reveal the albums.

It will look like this (sorry , my Mac is currently set to German). It may take a while to load, but you should be able to navigate the library like in Photos.

However, in Photos 5 on Catalina versions you will only see JPEGs this way, not the HEIC images or RAW images. Problem in Photos 5 on Catalina: Grey Filenames in the Media Browser - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 2:03 AM in response to Carlos_in_Aus

To upload from your Photos Library use the Media Browser. Do not try to access the Photos Library directly from the Finder. It is no longer easy to navigate after the Catalina upgrade, because the internal structure has been changed ( How Photos 5.0 on Catalina Manages original Files and Filenames).

When you open the file chooser on your Facebook Website to select files to upload, go to the Media section of the sidebar of the File Chooser window, click "Photos", then select the Photos library and click the tiny disclosure triangle to the left of Photos Library to reveal the albums.

It will look like this (sorry , my Mac is currently set to German). It may take a while to load, but you should be able to navigate the library like in Photos.

However, in Photos 5 on Catalina versions you will only see JPEGs this way, not the HEIC images or RAW images. Problem in Photos 5 on Catalina: Grey Filenames in the Media Browser - Apple Community

How do I upload photos from my System Photo Library to websites (e.g. Facebook)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.