Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachments from Photos

Hi All - I'm on a macbook pro using Catalina 10.15. When I try to attach a photo to gmail/outlook (not Mail) or upload a photo to a website, only a small number of photos from my Photos library are available. Like 15 random photos out of thousands. For years, I try to find a solution for a while then give up. Have others experienced this problem? Any known solutions?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:49 AM

Hi

I'm guessing you have optimise mac storage set with iCloud, so that full size originals are only stored in iCloud.

In that case, only images which have been downloaded from iCloud (eg for editing or export), and have not yet been removed again will be shown in the file picker.

Your workaround if you want to continue to use optimise storage, is to first export the images to a folder (select, then file>export) and attach them to your email or website from the folder.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 3:49 AM in response to zkzkzkzkzk

Hi

I'm guessing you have optimise mac storage set with iCloud, so that full size originals are only stored in iCloud.

In that case, only images which have been downloaded from iCloud (eg for editing or export), and have not yet been removed again will be shown in the file picker.

Your workaround if you want to continue to use optimise storage, is to first export the images to a folder (select, then file>export) and attach them to your email or website from the folder.

Attachments from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.