Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use as sytstem photo library greyed

I sometimes need to add a photo to the mac email app. But when I click the photo icon top right it only shows a limited amount. ie not all photos appear. I have to open photos separately and drag the picture in. It's ok to do that but it's just the other option seems easier and doesn't work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 7:14 AM

5 replies

Jul 16, 2021 8:53 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This isnt the problem, sorry I didnt explain well. So when I open email and try and attach a photo, when I try and use the photo logo top right, I then click on albums, but it only then shows some video files and older heic files. None of my most recent photos that I have on icloud/phone etc. I read that if it was greyed out then this should as a consequence... well, work properly, but it doesnt.

Use as sytstem photo library greyed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.