Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my photo library show 66.8 MB where as actual photos are 28.6 mb. How can I clear it and also the others that is taking up 56.41 GB

Hi,

my photo library show 66.8 MB where as actual photos are 28.6 mb. How can I clear it and also the others that is taking up 56.41 GB

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 3:03 PM

It's possible because that "feature" is junk. Ignore that window. You can't rectify it, only Apple can, and they've shown no interest in doing so for the last several versions of the OS.

In a nutshell: the information in the window is not to regarded as trustworthy. Ignore it.

4 replies

Sep 14, 2020 10:29 AM in response to harish294

Just - and I cannot stress this enough - ignore that Window. It is cockamamie, horribly designed and programmed. Frankly Apple should be ashamed of it. It causes more confusion that just about anything else. It fails to update. It's just junk.

What is it you need to know?

How many photographs do you actually have? Do you really have less than 30?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.