You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working on Login Screen

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inc having macOS Catalina 10.15.6 bought in 2015. The mac was working fine until two weeks before but later the keyboard stopped working on login screen. After starting the Mac the login screen appears and when trying to enter login password the keyboard is not responding.

I have tried rebooting by holding Cmd + Opt + p + r + Power couple of times and after trying 3-4 times keyboard starts working. However, the problem continues to happen again after shutting down the Mac.

I also gave the MacBook to the apple service and they formatted and gave it back but the problem still happens. I have not downloaded any app or extension.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 14, 2020 10:13 AM in response to guzidemsengun

guzidemsengun wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inc having macOS Catalina 10.15.6 bought in 2015.

I also gave the MacBook to the apple service and they formatted and gave it back but the problem still happens.

Take it back and have them sort it out—obviously they did not fix it.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Keyboard not working on Login Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.