Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible nefarious use of my Apple ID

I have a notification on my phone that says my Apple ID and phone numbers are now being used for FaceTime on a new iPad. This happened last week, yet when I called Apple Support, they said there was no way that my Apple ID was compromised. Why do I keep getting this notification then? Should I be concerned? L.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 12:53 AM

You can go to Find My and choose "Devices" at the bottom of the screen. A list and map of all of the devices registered to your Apple ID will be displayed. You can tap on the unknown device, see where it is, and can choose to mark it as Lost, which will lock it up until you unlock it, or you can erase the device. Once this is done, change the password on your Apple ID immediately to prevent the bad guy from logging in to your Apple ID and unlocking the device you just marked as lost.

Of course, if you look at the map and discover that this was an honest misunderstanding, you can just rest easy in the knowledge that you solved the mystery. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 12:53 AM in response to Linviolin

You can go to Find My and choose "Devices" at the bottom of the screen. A list and map of all of the devices registered to your Apple ID will be displayed. You can tap on the unknown device, see where it is, and can choose to mark it as Lost, which will lock it up until you unlock it, or you can erase the device. Once this is done, change the password on your Apple ID immediately to prevent the bad guy from logging in to your Apple ID and unlocking the device you just marked as lost.

Of course, if you look at the map and discover that this was an honest misunderstanding, you can just rest easy in the knowledge that you solved the mystery. Good luck.

possible nefarious use of my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.