Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add child's Gmail account to Mail on Macbook

My son (11yrs) has a Gmail account that he was using for emails on his Chromebook. Now he's using a MacBook and it says that accounts managed by Family Link are not allowed to sign into Mail on his MacBook. I can't see a way to fix this in Family Link, and if I delete his account from Family Link, he loses his Gmail account. Any suggestions

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:08 PM

If a Family Link is imposed, then it is entered as a child's account in Google. Such an account cannot use other applications to sign in through Google. In this case, Gmail. Apple cannot get confirmation or information about emails, account name, etc. This problem cannot be solved.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 1:08 PM in response to rmbees

If a Family Link is imposed, then it is entered as a child's account in Google. Such an account cannot use other applications to sign in through Google. In this case, Gmail. Apple cannot get confirmation or information about emails, account name, etc. This problem cannot be solved.

Sep 25, 2020 10:00 PM in response to Mikudrk

Probably a likely answer would be for the young person to

get new GMail account. And keep track of what goes where.

Perhaps cease using an account least likely to benefit Mac user.

Create new gmail for use w/ Mail + 'Parental Control' in macOS?

While I have two accounts with gmail, neither is limited-access.

(Original purpose of two: First, for anonymous in 'third-party

apple user' help forums; participated concurrently. + 2nd, me.)

Good luck & happy computing!🌞🎣

Can't add child's Gmail account to Mail on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.