Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This device is not eligible for additional coverage - Brand new MacBook

Hello everyone, I have just bought a brand new MacBook Pro 13inch (not on apple store).

I am trying to purchase Apple Care + for it, however when I entre the serial number it gives me the following message: 'This device is not eligible for additional coverage', I don't understand why it's giving me this message, my understanding was that I was going to be able to purchase the Apple Care+ for my device.

Do you have any ideas what's going on?

Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:05 PM

JoseGomez13 wrote:

Hello everyone, I have just bought a brand new MacBook Pro 13inch (not on apple store).
I am trying to purchase Apple Care + for it, however when I entre the serial number it gives me the following message: 'This device is not eligible for additional coverage', I don't understand why it's giving me this message, my understanding was that I was going to be able to purchase the Apple Care+ for my device.

Thank you

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 4:05 PM in response to JoseGomez13

JoseGomez13 wrote:

Thank you

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Sep 15, 2020 5:44 PM in response to JoseGomez13

Another possibility is that the store has had the computer in stock for a long time; Apple automatically starts the warranty coverage when they ship the device to the third party seller. So, you may be past the 60 days during which you can buy it. Make sure to have your purchase receipt and then call Apple; ask for the Applecare division and ask that you want to change the purchase date to xxxx and then see if you can purchase the Applecare.

This device is not eligible for additional coverage - Brand new MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.