Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues deleting an app off Launchpad

Recently I went through my laptop and deleted the apps I don't use to free up space. I noticed in Launchpad, I noticed these four apps shown in the picture (which seemed to be some derivative of Cinema4D).

I have no idea what each one is for and when I tried clicking on them, none of them opened. I then tried to delete them by pressing and holding until the apps began to shake, but there was no x button that showed up. I tried dragging them to the trash bin but none of them would go in.

I then tried to look up the apps on Finder and deleted the associated "tiff." files that showed up, but these apps remained in Launchpad. I'm rather frustrated and I want to get rid of these to free up space and organize my laptop.

Does anyone know whats going on or how I can get rid of these? Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:46 PM

Do you have an app called Cinema4D in your Applications folder?

Apps can have embedded apps in their application bundle. They will show in LaunchPad, but you cannot remove them.

You have to remove the parent app.

Similar questions

1 reply

Issues deleting an app off Launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.