Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages: one continuous (long) page?

I was wondering if it's possible to have one continuous page in the application Pages for macOS? Basically, I'm currently writing a story and I'd like it so that each chapter would be its own page, though, I feel as if that's not possible. Therefore, I would think a continuous page that doesn't end should be.

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:01 PM

A page "that doesn't end" isn't possible, but you can define a custom page size that is extremely long. That would work well IF every chapter of your story requires the same amount of space, but would require some filler material (or blank space) if some chapters are shorter.

In a new blank document, go to the file menu and choose Page Setup.

In the set-up dialogue, choose Manage Custom sizes.

Set the sizes as needed.

Image is from Pages 5.6.2. Appearance in your version may differ.

Regards,

Barry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:01 PM in response to Phobrouis

A page "that doesn't end" isn't possible, but you can define a custom page size that is extremely long. That would work well IF every chapter of your story requires the same amount of space, but would require some filler material (or blank space) if some chapters are shorter.

In a new blank document, go to the file menu and choose Page Setup.

In the set-up dialogue, choose Manage Custom sizes.

Set the sizes as needed.

Image is from Pages 5.6.2. Appearance in your version may differ.

Regards,

Barry.

Pages: one continuous (long) page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.