Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Wifi Sync - Subscription Needed?

I have a supervised iPhone. One of my problems is that I can't put music on my phone. Because the phone is supervised, I can't connect it to my computer. There's no connectivity at all. I discovered that you can sync wirelessly with iTunes. The problem is that you need to connect once via the cable to establish future wireless connectivity. I could never do that so I've gone the past 3 years without any mp3's on my phone.

I just got a new phone that I need to supervise. Before I do, I thought, it would be perfect to connect to my computer, so I could wifi sync going forward. I see the option in iTunes for sync over wifi. I set it for my new phone. Now on my phone, I can't see how to sync. My research has led me to believe that the sync feature was removed from Settings in iOS 13 and is ONLY available if you subscribe to Apple Music. I don't want to do that. I have the songs I like already, don't need a subscription.

My question is, is there anyway anymore to sync music wirelessly to my phone without a subscription to Apple Music or did Apple take this feature away to entice you to subscribe? Once I supervise my phone, I won't be able to use the cable anymore. I want to still be able to take on and off music. Is this possible?

Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:57 AM

My question is, is there anyway anymore to sync music wirelessly to my phone without a subscription to Apple Music or did Apple take this feature away to entice you to subscribe? Once I supervise my phone, I won't be able to use the cable anymore. I want to still be able to take on and off music. Is this possible?

That is an iTunes setting, not a phone/iOS setting.

You must connect by cable once, and enable the setting in iTunes. Going forward you should be to sync wirelessly, assuming a supervised device allows that.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210612

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 6:57 AM in response to Mr. Skoo

That is an iTunes setting, not a phone/iOS setting.

You must connect by cable once, and enable the setting in iTunes. Going forward you should be to sync wirelessly, assuming a supervised device allows that.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210612

iTunes Wifi Sync - Subscription Needed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.