Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation help - seems my phone is locked - iPhone 5s

Help - We are seniors living on SS and our daughter gives us phone that she has used over the years.

We cannot afford to purchase new phones and we are trying to get this set up.

Jim's original phone was dropped in salt wATER AND CANNOT BE TURNED ON. WE TOOK BOTH

PHONES TO ATT AND THE PERSON SWITCHED THE SIM CARDS FOR US. THIS 5 S IS THE ONE THAT WE CANNOT GET ACTIVATED.

JIM'S PHONE NUMBER WAS - WE ARE ON A FAMILY PLAN WITH OUR DAUGHTER AND WE

DO NOT KNOW THE APPLE ID AND PASSWORD FOR THIS PHONE.

I WAS ON THE INTERNET AND PHONE FOR OVER 3 HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS CORRECTED YESTERDAy.

you already have a file going on this - the. 5 S is locked and - I realize that this is not rocket science for all of you. We need this phone up and going . I know there is someone there that can get this unlocked and help me get my husband a phone to use -

I am 80 years old and need help. tank you

Shirlee

I'm getting this scam that my phone is damaged and to tap security.com throughout the day.

we are not have much fun these days.

Thank you for your help pleASE

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:00 PM

You can't unlock a broken device.

Similar questions

4 replies

Activation help - seems my phone is locked - iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.