Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spatial Audio not supported fro IPad Pro 1st Geneartion using IpadOS 14.

Is Spatial Audio not supported for IPad Pro 1st Geneartion using IpadOS 14. The IPad Pro firm is updated and working on my Iphone XR. However, I don't see selection for Spatial Audio under volume in Ipad pro.

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:37 PM

11 replies

Oct 16, 2020 10:05 PM in response to JR913

You can expect what you want, but clearly Apple has its reasons why not every model may be able to use Spatial Audio, most often because of hardware incompatibility.

Complaining to other users on a user to user only forum however, won't get you anything.

Use this feedback link to let Apple know, but don't expect it to change --> Feedback - iPad - Apple

Sep 17, 2020 9:56 AM in response to Peter909

There is a LOT of confusion about this. First of all, Spatial Audio is for AirPod Pro headphones. It is not a setting on iPhone or iPad and will only work if you have the following iPhone/iPad WITH AirPod Pro headphones:

So you need:

AirPod Pro headphones

And you need one of the following devices:

iPhone 7 or later

iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation) and later

iPad Pro 11‑inch

iPad Air (3rd generation)

iPad (6th generation) and later

iPad mini (5th generation)

Oct 17, 2020 6:33 AM in response to JR913

I'm not upset at all. I don't even have AirPod Pro's, so I can't use Spatial Audio at all. You're upset because you seem to believe you are "entitled" to a feature your device doesn't support. No one here can help with that.

Oh and this is nothing like what happened with Batteries in any way shape or form. Apple makes it clear every year that when new features are released in iOS, NOT ALL features will work on all eligible devices. This is one such feature which doesn't work on your device. If you want your device to support this feature, Apple will happily sell you one.

Spatial Audio not supported fro IPad Pro 1st Geneartion using IpadOS 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.