Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off / disable App Library in iOS 14

Is there a way to disable the App Library, so that I don’t have to see it at all? I don’t have many apps, don’t need them categorized, and don’t need to search them, so I’d prefer to just turn it off altogether so that I don’t see it if I happen to swipe right too many times. Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 4:25 AM

I’m with you, NOT a fan of the “app library” at all and want it gone! Why do I need all my apps duplicating? That is all it’s done, and I already have my apps in their own little “libraries” or groups anyway!

643 replies

Apr 8, 2021 8:33 AM in response to JWOOD69

You will find that a lot of people only respond to the first post in a thread, without reading the rest of the thread. That’s why a lot of advice is repeated at the end of the thread, on the assumption that the most recent poster hasn’t read any of the history. I’m pleased that you are on top of this, but not everyone is as conscientious are you are.

Don’t believe me? Here’s an excellent example→My phone says iPhone disabled- connect to… - Apple Community. There are 96 pages in that thread. The answer has been posted over 250 times in the thread. Yet here is a post made today at the end of that thread:

Sep 18, 2020 10:37 AM in response to EverythingAgain

EverythingAgain wrote:

That’s not realistic. If I move my thumb upwards and even the slightest bit to the left on my last home page, the App Library starts to slide over.

On a device where everything is controlled with a touch or swipe, and that one’s full attention isn’t always able to be granted to how precise one is with said touches/swipes, I want the ability to permanently hide the thing.

Those all sounds like good points to submit to Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 20, 2020 5:24 PM in response to deviantgeek

Tell Apple that. Telling each other in a user to user only forum, which Apple does NOT participate in is pointless.

Use the feedback link to whine and moan all you want --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Using that link is the ONLY way your voices will be heard by Apple. They won't respond to you. But they will read what you write.

Sep 21, 2020 7:11 PM in response to ProCommNJ

ProCommNJ wrote:

This is trash. I can’t get rid of this App Library ??? Next update needs to give us the ability to disable it. I’m already organized. Don’t need to waste hours using apples way. Make it so we can disable or back to android I go. This is absurd.

We cannot do anything for you. In case you didn't know, this forum is user to user ONLY. Apple isn't here and isn't listening to your childish demand. We could care less if you go back to Android. If that's a better platform for you, knock yourself out.

You can however, tell Apple how you feel by providing feedback to this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Oct 14, 2020 8:13 AM in response to HemTuM

HemTuM wrote:

U should remove this app library!!

shame on you apple if you do not appreciate your customers.

People have been asking for a different way of organizing the Home screens and apps pretty much since the iPhone was released. Apple has addressed that concern. Hardly a cause for shame.

Apple is not reading here for suggestions or feedback. "U" should use the feedback page to let Apple know how "U" feel.

Product Feedback - Apple

Turn off / disable App Library in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.