Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haptic touch click noise

Hey since the update to ios 14 whenever i use haptic touch on an app or preview a txt message it makes a tick noise, anyway to turn this off?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 9:09 PM

Finally found something talking about this. They should make it an option to disable the “click” sound and keep the vibration like the older phone models. The sound is very annoying

81 replies

May 15, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Gooders88

Ok don’t know if you already figured it out but I was just able to figure it out 5 mins ago soooo ..

1. go to settings
  2. search “vibration”
  3. Click on it
  4. the second to last option should say “vibration”
  5. turn it off and you’re all set

Sep 17, 2020 5:21 AM in response to Robin Bonathan

it is not the keyboard clicks

the feedback sound during long press supposedly belongs to "System Haptics" below "Keyboard Clicks" & "Lock Sound", I believe for iPhone with 3D touch, does not have that on/off option for "System Haptics"

For long press, it gives two kinds of feedbacks

1. Vibration Feedback, can turn on/off in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration (toggle)
  2. Sound Feedback, supposedly can turn on/off in Settings > Sounds & Haptics > System Haptics (but the issue here is, toggle on/off on this still always gives sound feedback during long press)

Sep 16, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Gooders88

same here, as i turn off touch vibration and system haptics usually i long press it wont trigger any feedback including sounds

seems like a bug? or feature that we unable to off in iOS14?

turning off System Haptics inside Setting > Sounds & Haptics does not help at all, but then whats the purpose of having System Haptics on/off?

a check with friend iOS beta 8, having similar behavior, is it nobody reported this bug?

iOS 13 dont have this issue

Sep 18, 2020 9:02 PM in response to vientoz

I am glad I found this post. I just spent 20 minutes trying to understand why this started happening after ios14. Yes it is an audible click from the speakers, it does not respond to shutting off keyboard clicks or any of the usual things. The only way to shut it off is to put the phone on silent mode. The problem is that the clicks are LOUD. They do not respond to holding down the volume button either. This is separate from system haptics (which are vibrations).

Previously, long press on a link would result only in a haptic response—not a loud audible click from the speakers. Bug obviously.

Apr 19, 2021 4:29 PM in response to vientoz

1. Vibration Feedback, can turn on/off in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration (toggle)

is what Worked for me. Stopped the vibration and the sound. Thankfully.

was driving me nuts. Sick of hearing it constantly. Still don’t get why it starred

doing It to begin with. I never changed any of the settings, maybe the update changed it automatically. Either way was super annoying. So glad this stopped it. Just had to **** off the vibrate option under the settings, accessibility and then touch options.

thank you 🙏🏻!!

Oct 30, 2020 4:31 PM in response to 3SQ

I thought I had it off but no it’s still going. Keyboard off, Haptics off, vibrate off, silent mode on or off it still clicks. Super annoying. Im still on 13.5, I didnt update to 14 because I read there’s battery drainage. This started happening a couple days ago. Clickity click click click. This will probably solve my phone addiction and improve my posture.

Nov 6, 2020 2:08 PM in response to Gooders88

Thanks for posting this, at least I know now I'm not alone. I just upgraded from iOS 13.7 to iOS 14.2 and am now getting this loud clicking on my iPhone XS too. As you say, it's coming from the speakers and the only ways I've also found to disable it is to put the phone in Silent Mode or have on my AirPods Pro. Driving me a bit mad, making me less likely to want to force touch or long press anything

Dec 8, 2020 11:49 PM in response to vientoz

Hi.Please can anyone try to lock the iphone and tell me after the lock sound 2 seconds delay your listen a tick noise from the earphone???Try please to press any button on keyboard like you make a call press one by one few numbers and put your ear 👂 n earphones do you listen this tick noise after 2 sec of delay?I am sorry for my English.

Haptic touch click noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.