Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audible sync on apple watch still painful and unreliable

Has anyone found a reliable recipe for getting this to work? This has been awful for years.

This morning (after updating to ios14 and watchOS 7) I needed to sync a book.

The phone and watch (V3) are next to each other, fully charged, bluetooth on, both on the same wifi, yadda yadda.

The book "prepared" OK in the phone app, started syncing and is so often the case - got stuck and the estimated time remaining starts to climb through the hundreds of minutes.

In an act of desperation I deleted and re-installed the watch app and now it's "roaring" away with an ETA of 35mins.

Following recommendations I've seen elsewhere I turned off Bluetooth on the watch forcing it to use WIFI to sync and now the speed has doubled.

But this process is madness. Anyone found a better way?

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 1:22 PM

Hello psidnell2,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to sync Audible content from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. To help with this, please restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch, and then follow the relevant steps in these support resources from Audible:

How do I use the Audible app on my Apple Watch?

Why isn't my audiobook showing up on my device?

Restart your iPhone

Restart Apple Watch

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 1:22 PM in response to psidnell2

Hello psidnell2,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to sync Audible content from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. To help with this, please restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch, and then follow the relevant steps in these support resources from Audible:

How do I use the Audible app on my Apple Watch?

Why isn't my audiobook showing up on my device?

Restart your iPhone

Restart Apple Watch

Cheers!

Audible sync on apple watch still painful and unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.