Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Screen in Zoom doesn't work

Hi guys,

I installed the iOS 14 yesterday evening. Up to yesterday it was possible to share my screen via Zoom to write my lecture in noteability. Since today this is not possible anymore. I cann share the screen but after 1-2 minutes I get kicked out of the sharing process. When I change to Zoom again I get reconnected into the meeting.

Is there a possibility to get back to iOS 13.7 or are there any other tips? It seems the new iOS and Zoom are not working together.

I would appreciate any tipps and suggestions.

Thanks & cheers, Stefanie.

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:51 AM

27 replies

Sep 20, 2020 10:17 PM in response to Mike teaches

Yeah usually I share another application, noteability. It just supports the teaching better. And you are right, it works shortly and then I get kicked out. But it doesn’t matter with App I used. Also when using notes I get kicked out of the meeting

The whiteboard is no satisfying solution for me. I am waiting for Zoom to reply but I am not sure why the update is causing this.

Sep 17, 2020 7:18 PM in response to snwinkler

Check your privacy settings,

System preference > Security and privacy > Privacy > Screen recording make sure Zoom is checked

if you don't see zoom at all, start a test zoom session and attempt to share screen and check if it requests you to allow screen share, if it does not prompt you, uninstall zoom, restart your mac and reinstall try sharing, it will prompt you to allow and direct you to system preference privacy section.

Sep 24, 2020 3:49 PM in response to snwinkler

I am having the same problem.....I cannot screen share on my tablet to zoom after upgrading to ios14 and then ios14.01.....i have the latest zoom 5.2.3 but before "upgrading" or should I say, downgrading to ios14, I was able to screen share my acrobat files in zoom on my tablet (iPad pro 10.5") that I would then comment on with my Apple Pencil.....in addition, zoom drops the connection on my tablet to my meeting after a few minutes.

some kind of incompatibility happened....any help, any any all would be greatly appreciated....teaching my virtual classes is in jeopardy!

Sep 24, 2020 4:17 PM in response to mggj

I have been told that zoom will fix this issue in their next update which will be available shortly. In the meantime, if you don't wish to downgrade to the prior iOS operating system, you can use the share content tab and "iClould Drive" to share your document and then use the Apple pencil to write using the zoom tools. It is not as good as screen share that enables you to use better writing/drawing programs, but it may be sufficient for your use until the next zoom update. Agreed with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" One day, I might actually learn to back up a device before upgrading iOS....

Oct 28, 2020 3:11 PM in response to snwinkler

Well it sure was nice to find out I'm not alone! I have an iPhone XR on iOS 14.01. Zoom app on phone and laptop are up to date. Experiencing the exact same issue and intermittently at that. I can go through the motions in a meeting with only myself and the my phone as participants. I did some trouble shooting with a colleague where both of us and my phone were participants, and it worked that day. But today, I joined a meeting with about 8 other people, went to share my screen via phone and kicked off immediately. Am looking for any and all suggestions.

Sharing Screen in Zoom doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.