Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with activity tracker, ECG and heart rate app

Hi folks,

I have the iPhone 11 128gb and watch series 5. Since updating to iOS 14 and OS 7 the activity tracker, heart rate app and ECG app have all stopped working. I have turned the watch off, but nothing appears to be working since I have restarted it. I am putting it down to the software updates, has anyone else had issues? How have they resolved it? Thanks

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 6:58 AM

Hi there, Jamesb1502!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like since updating the Watch, you're having issues with the Activity, ECG, and Heart Rate apps. Restarting is a great step to try, so next, let's try unpairing and then setting the Watch up again. Keep in mind, when you unpair, the data will be erased from the Watch but there will be a backup created. You can create a manual backup of the Watch if you prefer by following the steps in this article to Back up your Apple Watch.

Please follow the steps in this article to Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone and then the steps in this article to Set up your Apple Watch.

You'll also find additional information in this article to Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 6:58 AM in response to Jamesb1502

Hi there, Jamesb1502!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like since updating the Watch, you're having issues with the Activity, ECG, and Heart Rate apps. Restarting is a great step to try, so next, let's try unpairing and then setting the Watch up again. Keep in mind, when you unpair, the data will be erased from the Watch but there will be a backup created. You can create a manual backup of the Watch if you prefer by following the steps in this article to Back up your Apple Watch.

Please follow the steps in this article to Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone and then the steps in this article to Set up your Apple Watch.

You'll also find additional information in this article to Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

Sep 27, 2020 1:00 AM in response to Jamesb1502

Ive been having the same issue, seems a lot of people have since the update, I’ve unpaired/paired my my watch untold times and still won’t fix the problem. I’ve tried any other advice too. I’m only getting half the calories burnt/steps showing up on my phone. I get rewards through my life insurance which I will not get this month for this problem. A bug fix is definitely needed from Apple but they’re being very slow with this.

Problems with activity tracker, ECG and heart rate app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.