Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 7 Update broke my Apple Watch 4: no activity data or heart rate data

I was excited to get iOS 14 and watchOS 7, all the features sounded great. But now that they are installed and updated to iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1, I am getting no activity data or heart rate data what so ever. When using the heart rate app, it cannot manually trigger a heart rate reading and the ECG app just sits and spins. My activity data says I haven't stood up in five days.

Other oddities: the stock complication never shows updates but if I open the app, it will pull stock quotes in the app. Also, on two occasions, I've gone to bed with my watch on and something killed the battery over the course of about 5 hours where normally I'd wake up with 80% charge.

I've tried restarting both devices and "Reset Sync Data" on the watch. If you're going to tell me I need to take another four hours to factory reset then reinstall the watch I'll be very frustrated. I assumed this would just be a brief issue that would correct with the X.0.1 update but still getting nothing. Any thoughts on what may be the cause? Everything worked great in iOS 13/watchOS 6.

Devices: iPhone 8 Plus, Apple Watch Series 4

Thanks,

~Russ

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:44 AM

In case anyone else is having this problem, I gave up on finding an easy solution and did the following which fixed the problem:

In the Watch app:

1) Upaired my watch by choosing: All Watches | Info (i) on my watch | Unpair Apple Watch

2) Reset all settings on my phone from: Settings | General | Reset All Settings

3) Reinstalled Apple Watch as a new device (not from back up)

I had to manually restore several settings on my phone and reorganize my watch but I did not have to restore my iPhone from from a backup which would have taken longer. Not sure if I could have just restored my watch from a backup to fix the problem but this worked for me.

Thanks,

~Russ

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 8:44 AM in response to phcpao

In case anyone else is having this problem, I gave up on finding an easy solution and did the following which fixed the problem:

In the Watch app:

1) Upaired my watch by choosing: All Watches | Info (i) on my watch | Unpair Apple Watch

2) Reset all settings on my phone from: Settings | General | Reset All Settings

3) Reinstalled Apple Watch as a new device (not from back up)

I had to manually restore several settings on my phone and reorganize my watch but I did not have to restore my iPhone from from a backup which would have taken longer. Not sure if I could have just restored my watch from a backup to fix the problem but this worked for me.

Thanks,

~Russ

WatchOS 7 Update broke my Apple Watch 4: no activity data or heart rate data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.