Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14 widget broken

I installed ios 14, tried some of the preinstalled apple widgets, but none of them works. Often some of widgets in the add-widgets screen are all blank. When I add widgets, like calendar, weather, music, they either not update, or not clickable. For example, when I add music widget, it cannot play when I click it. What is the point to have a music widget just for viewing.....?

Please give me suggestions.

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 7:53 AM

I rebooted my iphone a few times. The widgets seem working. I already rebooted twice after upgrade to ios 14, but I did not expect to reboot again twice to make it work..... Seems I just need to continue reboot until it is working.....

Thank you.

24 replies

Sep 28, 2020 7:34 AM in response to guangjun

I just started having this issue. What's weird is that I have been using iOS 14 since it was a public beta and never had an issue with the Widgets until today (running iOS 14.0.1). I have been using a ton of widgets and didn't have an issue until now. I tried to add the Notes widget to my homescreen and after that all my widgets stopped working (could not click on them) and looked pixelated/low res. I deleted the Notes widget, restarted my phone, and the widgets were working again. Again tried to add the Notes widget and same thing happened.

So weird.

Oct 6, 2020 4:14 PM in response to guangjun

I have the same phone..I’ve tried resetting my phone millions of times..my phone is my brothers old one but nothing was wrong with it I have deleted and redownloded multiple times and noting works I’ve tried to ask Siri and open that app while my phones plugged in but nothing works I can click on the app and it opens for a second but I don’t see anything happen then it just closes... I would ask my mom to take me to the mall to get it fixed but I don’t want to do anything like that with everything going on...if anyone’s knows how to help me please help it’s frustrating

ios 14 widget broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.