Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency bypass not working

Hello, the Emergency bypass has stopped working on my iPhone, it’s an important feature to me as I am a firefighter and this is how I receive calls it allows me to put the phone on silent/sleep and still receive emergency messages. it’ stopped working on the last version so I have upgraded to version 14 but this is not rectified the problem. I also have an Apple Watch and wondering if that has caused the issue?

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Unfortunately no - they have done nothing to fix the issue. I just keep my phone on loud when I know I am on call.

Very disappointing. Regret upgrading to the new phone. Should have stuck with my old phone.

Similar questions

12 replies

Dec 2, 2020 1:27 AM in response to mario49

This does not fix the problem...

I am a pediatric health care provider and NEED the emergency bypass feature to work when I am on call. I got a new phone (iPhone 12 pro with operating system 14.2.1) and I have everything set up correctly but the emergency bypass feature is not working anymore. I re added the number to my address book and made sure emergency bypass was on under the phone’s ring tone. This is a huge problem. I absolutely NEED to be reachable to help these sick or injured children. Please respond ASAP

Sep 21, 2020 2:23 PM in response to RhysBob

Hey RhysBob,

If we understand correctly, Emergency Bypass is not working anymore. Make sure you have this feature enabled in the contact you want to allow to Emergency Bypass.

Does Emergency Bypass work for other contacts?

1. "Open Contacts .
  2. Select a contact, then tap Edit.
  3. Tap Ringtone or Text Tone, then turn on Emergency Bypass."

Set Do Not Disturb on iPhone

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Dec 2, 2020 1:25 AM in response to mario49

I am a pediatric health care provider and NEED the emergency bypass feature to work when I am on call. I got a new phone (iPhone 12 pro with operating system 14.2.1) and I have everything set up correctly but the emergency bypass feature is not working anymore. I re added the number to my address book and made sure emergency bypass was on under the phone’s ring tone. This is a huge problem. I absolutely NEED to be reachable to help these sick or injured children. Please respond ASAP

Emergency bypass not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.