Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to use emergency bypass on my phone with an apple watch connected

I am on call frequently for work and we use Pager Duty for notifications. It will send us a text anytime there is something we need to work on. Previously, I saved the Pager Duty contact and set it up with it's own ringtone and enabled Emergency Bypass. That way, I can have my phone on silent and while still getting the ringtones for Pager Duty.

I got an iWatch recently and discovered the Emergency Bypass is no longer working. I tested it and when the watch is connected, neither it or my phone play the ringtone for Pager Duty. If I turn off the watch though, the Emergency Bypass works fine.

Is there any way I can get this to work? I really don't want to keep my phone off of silent mode all the time, that defeats the purpose of the Emergency bypass.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 8:02 PM

I believe that is normal behavior and I don't know f any way around it. Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Unfortunately (as far as I know), you cannot set custom ringtones on the watch.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 8:02 PM in response to richard-c13

I believe that is normal behavior and I don't know f any way around it. Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.  If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Unfortunately (as far as I know), you cannot set custom ringtones on the watch.

Trying to use emergency bypass on my phone with an apple watch connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.