Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app on Mac doesn't show HBO Max, Hulu, or Amazon Prime as an option under "How to Watch".

When Apple launched the Apple TV app for iOS and Mac OS it was stated that you could watch all your services in one place (https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/). That is true on the app on iOS but I can't get any of the third party options to show on my Mac. When I search for a show in the Apple TV app on my Mac the only option it shows under "How to Watch" is to buy the show or stream it through AppleTV+ if it's available there. Is there a setting I'm missing or somewhere to link these accounts?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:04 AM

You are correct that third party apps from content providers are not available for macOS. That means that the Apple TV app is not able to link to those apps on that platform. Users on computers will have to see if they can sign in on the web for those services, separate from the Apple TV app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 2:04 AM in response to matlikeadoor

You are correct that third party apps from content providers are not available for macOS. That means that the Apple TV app is not able to link to those apps on that platform. Users on computers will have to see if they can sign in on the web for those services, separate from the Apple TV app.

Apple TV app on Mac doesn't show HBO Max, Hulu, or Amazon Prime as an option under "How to Watch".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.