Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV app for the Mac

How do I add (access) a streaming service (Hulu) through the Apple TV app for the Mac? Despite a negative answer to a previous post by another user about this same issue, Apple's web page about the TV app clearly clearly states you can access shows from Disney+, HBOMax, HULU, Peacock, Prime Video and Pluto TV. How?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:55 PM

On iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV box, you may install App Store apps for additional streaming services. Some of these apps may ‘connect’ with the Apple TV app, i.e. some of their programming may be launched from within the Apple TV app, while still relying on those external apps on the same device.

On Macs and other computers, streaming services suggest that you use web access instead. Hulu (nor any of the other listed) doesn’t have a dedicated Mac app, and the Mac TV app is slightly different from the app of the same name on other platforms.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

On OS X 10.11, there is no Apple TV app. The Apple TV app requires macOS Catalina 10.15 or later.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 11:55 PM in response to leodavinci1

On iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV box, you may install App Store apps for additional streaming services. Some of these apps may ‘connect’ with the Apple TV app, i.e. some of their programming may be launched from within the Apple TV app, while still relying on those external apps on the same device.

On Macs and other computers, streaming services suggest that you use web access instead. Hulu (nor any of the other listed) doesn’t have a dedicated Mac app, and the Mac TV app is slightly different from the app of the same name on other platforms.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

On OS X 10.11, there is no Apple TV app. The Apple TV app requires macOS Catalina 10.15 or later.

TV app for the Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.