You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to connect to 5Ghz WiFi network on my iPad.

I recently bought a new JioFiber WiFi router with both 2Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi networks. I was able to use the 5Ghz network for the next two days but after that I was not able to connect to it. I tried forgetting the network but still I could not join. Then after sometime I could not find the 5Ghz network name in the WiFi settings. I tried Resetting the network settings, restarting my iPad and restarting the router, but still I am not able to connect to the network. How can I fix this. My iPad is iPad Air a1474.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 10:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 12:22 PM

It's totally your call. To me, just because it worked, doesn't mean it will continue to do so ... as you proved. I'm sorry, I really can't assist you any further until you can verify that your iPad can still connect to other 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you don't want to try my suggestion, then hopefully, someone else will chime in to offer you other alternative options.

The bottom line is that we don't know for sure if this iPad is the issue or not. Good luck!

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2020 12:22 PM in response to augustine115

It's totally your call. To me, just because it worked, doesn't mean it will continue to do so ... as you proved. I'm sorry, I really can't assist you any further until you can verify that your iPad can still connect to other 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you don't want to try my suggestion, then hopefully, someone else will chime in to offer you other alternative options.

The bottom line is that we don't know for sure if this iPad is the issue or not. Good luck!

Sep 17, 2020 11:17 PM in response to augustine115

Per chance did you configure your new wireless router to "hide" your 5 GHz network? That would be one reason that it doesn't appear in the iPad. If this is the case, you would have to choose the other networks option, and then, enter the name and wireless password for your network.

If you didn't hide it, then you could try other resets, or even restoring your iPad all together (a bit drastic) ... OR try connecting it to another 5 GHz network as I had suggested earlier.

Not able to connect to 5Ghz WiFi network on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.