Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animoji/memoji not working.

I just recently updated my ios to ios14. Im using an iphone 11. But every time i want to send an animoji, I’m getting an error “face tracking failed” . I don’t have a phone case. I wipe the camera lens. I also went outside for some sunlight. But its still not working. My face id works fine. What can i do?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 8:18 AM

Hello Cherrub,

It looks like you're experiencing an issue with your Face tracking failing when you're trying to use your Animoji. If we haven't captured the issue completely, please feel free to correct us.

A great place to start would be to force quit your messages application and restart your device to see if the issue persists.

Please feel free to keep us updated on your progress.

Be well!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 8:18 AM in response to cherrub

Hello Cherrub,

It looks like you're experiencing an issue with your Face tracking failing when you're trying to use your Animoji. If we haven't captured the issue completely, please feel free to correct us.

A great place to start would be to force quit your messages application and restart your device to see if the issue persists.

Please feel free to keep us updated on your progress.

Be well!

Animoji/memoji not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.