Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS14 Workout Exercise Splits Removed

Why have Apple removed the Pace Split feature that used to appear under Avg Pace in the Outdoor Walk programme? This was a really useful feature for tracking progress.

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 9:00 AM

I exclusively use native Apple Watch (first generation, yikes!) Workout app, and it has reliably provided splits that could be viewed on iOS Fitness app prior to v14. After applying 14.0.1, splits no longer show up in Fitness, even for workouts recorded prior to the upgrade. Ugh, on all levels!

30 replies

Sep 26, 2020 3:40 AM in response to David Shakeshaft

I have S3 - if that's true, it's outrageous that they haven't informed us. Particularly after having spent days on the phone with them. But, as I mentioned to you, the workouts completed with their Workouts app still display splits. Only the third-party runs no longer display them - but I always use third-party apps to run. Do you use a third-party app to run? If not, could you possibly use some free run app, such as Runkeeper and let me know if it displays splits on the Fitness app? Just use it to walk around (for at least 2 kms/miles). If you ever get the chance. Thank you.

Sep 26, 2020 8:00 AM in response to MacGuyUK

I don’t run but use the in-built Workout “Outdoor Walk” app. In fact there are many other problems that have appeared on my the new iWatch 6 apparently caused by the release of Watch OS7.01 so I have decided to return the watch and resume use of of S1 that at least worked. I am truly disgusted that Apple have just released a product that is so flawed. Time to consider alternatives I think!

Sep 29, 2020 9:04 AM in response to pbbd002

I should have posted that I am using an S3. And my splits show, it was just the last one that gets cut off. And I think I've found out what it is - the last split gets cut off if I stop the workout right near that distance. SO say for example I go for a 10K run. I actually run 10.01 km; that's the distance showing when I end the workout on the watch. When I open the workouts app, it will only show splits up to 9 km. If I go longer past 10K, then it will show that 10K split.

I see they've just released a WatchOS and iOS minor update, so hopefully these get fixed.

Sep 29, 2020 9:22 AM in response to pbbd002

I decided to upgrade to iWatch 6 last week. The splits reappeared but maps remains busted. Added to that, I then discovered that Activity data was not correctly importing into the Health App, distance exercised was understated and limited to 2.3 miles. It also illogically claimed that I could walk 2.3 miles in 11 minutes!! Also, SpO2 was completely unreliable no matter how much tinkering with positioning on your wrist. Handwashing would get to 7 secs then the timer would stop. After long discussions with Apple support it appears that iOS14.1. and the recently released WatchOS 7.01 update have broken things. It is disgraceful that Apple have launched a defective productive .... the whole point in paying a premium for Apple products was that hardware and software would work flawlessly, efficiently and inter-connectedly with other Apple products. The problem is that competitor products now provide the reliability and interoperability that was unique to Apple, but that is no longer the case. I have returned the watch for a refund and am back to my S1 iWatch but guess what, in re-pairing my old watch it now records all workouts in miles but will only report in Activity in Km.....no matter what settings are used. I’m putting up with this for the moment but know before too long I will bin the S1 and probably for the first time in 30 years, go to another make, like Withings which gets good reviews. Apple have tried to be too clever adding half tested features in order to get its annual product cycle out to maintain sales. They should remember that its better to do a few things well rather than a lot of things badly! There’s no pint in having an aesthetically pleasing design if basic functionality and features don't work. I suspect there will be a lot of people who feel the way I do, especially amongst those who take their exercise rather more seriously than me and who are faced with inaccuracy and data loss.

Sep 30, 2020 3:22 AM in response to David Shakeshaft

Thanks for trying. Frustrating, isn’t it. Have been with Apple since late 80s and used to defend them from critics. Now, they’ve really let me down. Appalling customer service. They’re far removed from their customers. Really ****** off (and what’s with putting asterisks in words like ******, Apple mediators? Are you some kind of moral crusaders? It’s pathetic.).

Sep 30, 2020 3:31 AM in response to MacGuyUK

Yes, I have been a loyal Apple Customer since the 80s too and am very disappointed in the increasingly unreliability of their products. We pay a premium for them because hardware/software is supposed to work seamlessly and interoperably between devices. This is no longer the case. I had a post removed yesterday on another thread so Apple are becoming like thought police on these discussion groups. I will wait a few weeks and perhaps take a punt on the new Withings smart watch which has received very good reviews. I think iWatch tries to do too many things (badly) rather than fewer well.

Oct 29, 2020 9:25 AM in response to therealcbar

I’m still having this issue. I run 4.99km, and they literally don’t show my final split because I didn’t run the final 0.01km. This changed back in September after the update for me as well and I’ve had the issue every time I don’t quite hit 5.00km. To be clear my route is actually 5.00km, but occasionally it think I’m a few metres short.

iOS14 Workout Exercise Splits Removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.