Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing active energy in Health Apps

Hi my health app is correctly tracking my steps everyday but in the last 3 days it has periodically stopped adding the calories to active energy. Sometimes the calories are attributed and sometimes it says nil...this means my other apps that are linked to health app have incorrect inputs. I have latest version of IOS and of the apps..and have rebooted the phone. (iphone 6s). This is a new issue as previously (last 3 years) both the steps and the attributed active energy from them were updated. Is this a fault or is there something in a setting that can be changed?

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 8:52 PM

My iPhone X has a health app which has stopped updating or recording active energy. I have an Apple Watch which seems to functioning correctly in this regard, but it only has the info for the current day. Can this be easily fixed?

2 replies

Sep 22, 2020 12:13 PM in response to Davla01

Hello Davla01,

It sounds like your Health app is having some difficulties adding your calorie measurements to your active energy calculations accurately.

1. A great place to start with this issue would be to review the following to: Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch.
  2. We also always recommend that your devices are updated to ensure optimal performance capabilities. For guidance with this please refer to: Update your Apple Watch as well as: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. After following the recommendations above, if you find the issue persists please reach out to: Get Support.

We appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Be well!

Missing active energy in Health Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.