Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bottom Row Dock Icons Reverse Order Themselves

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and after my update to iOS 14.0 my bottom dock icons (Phone, Mail, Safari, Music) reverse their order on their own so that they show (Music, Safari, Mail, Phone).

I've tried rearranging the order back to "normal" myself, but later I find the icons have been reversed again. I've also tried several reboots, but the issue persists even after rebooting.

I found this similar thread here with the same issue, but the thread was locked and I was prompted to start a new query.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 11:27 AM

40 replies

Dec 30, 2020 8:29 AM in response to Ransackie

Sorry, but it is out for the 8 Plus → About iOS 14 Updates - Apple Support

iOS 14.3

iOS 14.3 includes support for Apple Fitness+ and AirPods Max. This release also adds the ability to capture photos in Apple ProRAW on iPhone 12 Pro, introduces Privacy information on the App Store, and includes other features and bug fixes for your iPhone.

Apple Fitness+

• A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
  • New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalized recommendations
  • Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
  • Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout
  • Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States

AirPods Max

• Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
  • High fidelity audio for rich sound
  • Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
  • Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
  • Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
  • Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience

Photos

• Apple ProRAW photos can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
  • Option to record video at 25 fps
  • Mirror the front facing camera for still photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X

Oct 6, 2020 11:27 PM in response to ramin167

I found a trick that helps getting them back in order without having to drag and drop them to the positions they should be in. If I notice that they have reversed, I flip the phone from portrait to landscape and back again while on the Home Screen, that usually makes them go back.

Seems to be an issue with the transition of the Home Screen on Plus iPhones to landscape mode, when the bottom dock moves to the right side of the screen.

Dec 13, 2020 9:46 AM in response to bschrein

I have the same issue too. I was on a 7 plus and recently upgraded to iphone 12 pro max. I thought the issue will go away when I upgrade my phone. I used the auto transfer feature to move and configure my new phone with the same settings from my older one. But surprisingly, this same issue was also transferred to the new phone. I’m wondering if this is a configuration setting?

Bottom Row Dock Icons Reverse Order Themselves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.