Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

I’m setting up my Apple TV that I just got, setting it up it won’t let me go past English .

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 7:26 PM

If you can't set up your Apple TV or see an error message

If your Apple TV stops responding during setup, unplug your Apple TV from power, then plug it back in.

If you can't get past a screen during setup, try connecting your Apple TV to a different Wi-Fi network, like a personal hotspot from your phone. After setup is complete, go to Settings on your Apple TV and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.

If you have other issues, contact Apple Support.

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 7:26 PM in response to Derresa

If you can't set up your Apple TV or see an error message

If your Apple TV stops responding during setup, unplug your Apple TV from power, then plug it back in.

If you can't get past a screen during setup, try connecting your Apple TV to a different Wi-Fi network, like a personal hotspot from your phone. After setup is complete, go to Settings on your Apple TV and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.

If you have other issues, contact Apple Support.

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

Sep 19, 2020 12:21 AM in response to Derresa

If you are new to the Siri Remote, then you may want to become more familiar with its unique operation:

Use your Siri Remote with your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Swipe over the touch surface to highlight one of the options, or lightly tab near the sides for 1-step increments.

- Deep-press (to an audible click) the center of the touch surface, to confirm a selection.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.