Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging AppleID with account for purchases

I have a separate username for my Apple Media & Purchases than my username for my Apple ID account. Is it possible to merge these so that I have just the one login?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 7:01 AM

Apple IDs can't be merged. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

3 replies

Sep 20, 2020 5:19 AM in response to Eric Root

That's too bad.

I do have family sharing setup on my Apple ID and my wife and kids are all part of the group. I guess my follow up question is do I need to have my Apple Media & Purchases ID configured on their devices as well. So for example let's say I have the following:

My Apple ID - mark@icloud.com (Family Sharing)

My Apple Media & Purchases ID - mark@notanemail.com

My Wife's Apple ID - wife@icloud.com (Part of Family)

My Child's Apple ID - child@icloud.com (Part of Family)

I have My Apple ID and my Apple Media & Purchases ID configured on my own devices and I have family sharing setup on my Apple ID, mark@icloud.com.

My Family has their respective Apple ID on their devices. I currently have my Apple Media & Purchases ID setup on their devices as well. Is this necessary? If I remove my Apple Media & Purchases ID from their devices will they still be able to access the content via the Family Sharing?

Thanks

Mark

Merging AppleID with account for purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.