Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos no longer transfer to Mac after ios14 update iphone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro 64 GB unlocked., iOS 14

Late 2013 Mac Pro Quad Core 64GM RAM, Mojave OS 10.14.6

Since updating to ios14, when I tether to transfer photos to Mac Photos app, the iPhone is seen in devices, and it gives me a count of new photos, but I am unable to download them. The photos, which previously showed as thumbnails, show as blank outlines. If I attempt to download, it is unsuccessful and I must force quit photos.

I have also tried launching Image Capture and importing and image from my iPhone. With Image Capture, it sees the new images and gives me thumbnails. However, it is unable to import the photos, and again, I am forced to force quit Image Capture.

I know ios14 for iPad is a different beast, but, I have no problem seeing and importing photos from my iPad. This problem solely exists on my iPhone, after updating to ios14.

Apple Support will be calling tomorrow. Anyone else experienced this?

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 10:37 AM

Solved after 2x escalation with Apple. Turns out there was a corrupt photo. As the supervisor explained, corrupt photos will cause an issue following a major update (ios14). I Airdropped photos that had not previously been imported in the past few months, which thankfully, were only 10. Deleted them on my iPhone. Took a test photo. Tethered to my MacPro and opened Photos. The photo I just took showed in Photos and was able to be imported.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 10:37 AM in response to Emilie in Key Largo

Solved after 2x escalation with Apple. Turns out there was a corrupt photo. As the supervisor explained, corrupt photos will cause an issue following a major update (ios14). I Airdropped photos that had not previously been imported in the past few months, which thankfully, were only 10. Deleted them on my iPhone. Took a test photo. Tethered to my MacPro and opened Photos. The photo I just took showed in Photos and was able to be imported.

Photos no longer transfer to Mac after ios14 update iphone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.