Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast app ios14

In ios14 the Podcast app incessantly asks to log into podcasts. When I start to type my password it goes away then comes back. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 8:36 AM

48 replies

Jan 3, 2021 11:32 AM in response to Jon Campbell

I have been enduring constant requests for sign in, that then disappeared once I started typing. I downloaded google podcast app, but really like the apple interface. This has been happening for over a month. Have tried signing out of iCloud, resetting password etc. today it all magically went away - the answer I bought more iCloud storage - it appears this may be a scam, pester until you purchase. I am tempted to see if cancelling upgrade $4.99 per month, brings the problem back.

Jan 6, 2021 5:10 AM in response to StevenGeorges

My wife 's phone now has the same issues. Screen keeps dropping out and re-booting. Keeps asking me for login (especially on podcasts) but login screen keeps dropping in and out before I can enter a Password.

Both phones fine before IOS14.2 now both messed up.

Will try and re-boot after re-boot again to see if it works

Apple if your listening its really cheesing me off !

Jan 14, 2021 11:19 AM in response to Jon Campbell

I've also been having this exact same issue. I just got a new phone; I upgraded from a 6s to a 12 mini. And that didn't even solve the problem. I continue to get the same annoying prompt for password in the Podcast app. So, this is clearly not a hardware or OS issue. This is a bizarre Apple back-end iTunes/Podcast issue. No matter how many times I attempt to enter my password in Podcast, the issue does not go away.

I may have to abandon Apple's Podcast app entirely just to avoid the problem. Sooooo annoying.

Apple, please fix this!

Apr 15, 2021 11:17 PM in response to beemarie20

Solved ! As others have stated I think it started happening to me because I changed the password elsewhere. So as soon as the password request flashed up this time, I entered my APPLE ID password. The password request also flashed up on my other devices and I did the same there. Everything is back to normal now.

It’s important to realise that BBC Sounds and iPlayer require your BBC password but PODCASTS requires your Apple ID account email and password.

Apr 15, 2021 11:19 PM in response to Jon Campbell

Solved ! As others have stated I think it started happening to me because I changed the password elsewhere. So as soon as the password request flashed up this time, I entered my APPLE ID password. The password request also flashed up on my other devices and I did the same there. Everything is back to normal now.

It’s important to realise that BBC Sounds and iPlayer require your BBC password but PODCASTS requires your Apple ID account email and password.

Apr 18, 2021 2:19 AM in response to Paul-1992

Nevertheless, I just don’t understand why they need our password in the first place... 🧐🤨

Are we about to steal anything? Is there gold somewhere that we might take home?!

We bought the **** ipad or iphone...why do they have to keep bothering us again and again with useless updates that move around our apps and change our settings?! Does Apple ever come around here and read our posts...I doubt it!

podcast app ios14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.