Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Will Not Geotag Photos

I have ios14 and my locations settings are correct. Ever since I updated to iOS 14, my photos will not geotag. If I swipe up on the picture, it will show me where I took the photo, but the heading of the photo only will have the date and time it was taken.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 8:38 PM

I have been following discussion on this issue in another Apple thread here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251840364?login=true&page=14

Apple finally rolled out the fix to this issue in iOS 14.2 and most users have confirmed that has resolved the issue. I guess this thread can be closed :)

10 replies

Oct 17, 2020 11:05 AM in response to PeterKo@

Apple has PERMANENTLY disabled Geo Tagging photos. They think we are children and don’t know that there is a potential problem of sharing person information if we don’t turn off Geo tagging before we take a picture when we use iMessage and share it. Perfect example of fascists thinking. We the owner of the iPhone need to take responsibility for the use of our photos not overbearing Apple. Apple wants to decide how we send photos, that’s is overreached and a form of fascist thinking. Let us - the buyers of said iPhone decide to send Geo tagged photos or send photos not Geo tagged. This is a increasing troubling that # 1 Apple decided to control our choices and #2 not tell iPhone owners that they removed Geo tagging from OUR photos and denied that they [ Apple support reps] knew nothing about this issue when in fact it known.

iPhone Will Not Geotag Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.