Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 voice cutting out during video calls

I had bought this iPhone 11 128gb in May 29,2020. I am having issues with video calls since I have this phone. It don’t matter I am using FaceTime, WhatsApp or massenger. First I was thinking it is my phone service. I am having same issue with WiFi also. I had all the updates and the issue is still there.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:01 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 24, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Raminderjit2020

Hello Raminderjit2020.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to make video calls via FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Messenger. We are happy to help.

If you use another Wi-Fi network, are you able to use the apps as expected? What is the exact error, if any, message that you receive?

Please try the steps here: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

While we understand that you have mentioned you’ve installed updates, please check to see if there are any updates available for the apps using the steps here: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

We also recommend the steps here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Oct 14, 2020 5:22 PM in response to Raminderjit2020

I have faced this problem for months. My wife has a iphone 11 pro. I have an iphone 10. When we communicate on Facetime her voice and video are choppy. I hear every second or third word. I thought the phone was defective. I then tested it with friends who have various iphones (not iphone 11). No issues at all with Facetime. I then tested it with another iphone 11 pro. Same choppy conversation.

The problem appears to be with some sort of feedback through the non iphone 11 phone. I discovered this by testing it with my bluetooth headset. The problem stopped immediately. I then tested this by muting my phone (iphone 10). The problem again disappeared. As soon as i turned off the mute the problem started again.

Her iphone was reset to factory settings, the TMobile SIM card was changed, calls to Apple Support, etc. did not resolve anything.

Try muting the non iphone 11 phone. (The one receiving the choppy audio).

i put in another call to Apple Support and will contact them again when I have her phone available for testing.

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS.

iPhone 11 voice cutting out during video calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.