Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon stuck on my Home Screen

I have this icon stuck on my Home Screen from years and years ago that has just been sitting in a folder and I just updated to iOS 14 and am trying to delete it off of my Home Screen but I have no option to delete it or remove from Home Screen. When I hold down on it, it says share bookmark or edit Home Screen. I click edit Home Screen and there’s no “x” to delete it or option to remove it from Home Screen. There’s nothing in settings that I can try to delete it by.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 7:32 PM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2020 11:54 AM in response to aimb0At

Hi aimb0At,

Thanks for the post. We see you have an icon that you're unable to delete from your Home screen. We'd like to see how we can help.

Can you describe the icon? Is it a white grid with gray lines? If so, this may help: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

"If the app appears on your Home screen but is dim or has a white grid with gray lines on it, don't delete the app. Restart your device, then go to the App Store and redownload the app. Learn how to restart your iOS or iPadOS deviceApple Watch, or Apple TV

If you delete an app, you might lose the content associated with it.

"

We hope that helps you.

Cheers.

Icon stuck on my Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.