Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 IOS14.0 all calls go directly to Voicemail

Installed IOS 14.0 and since installing all incoming calls now go directly to voicemail - Do Not Disturb is off, Call forwarding is off, Allow Calls - Everyone, Do Not Disturb while driving - Manually. Phone now also keeps disconnecting from WiFi - all other phones in house work just fine - how can I dump 14 and get back to last IOS version ?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:45 PM

Went the entire route on this one - spent over 2 hours in chat with Apple working the "checklist". Apples final assessment was a bad sim card. Went back to AT&T and phone immediately rang when they called BUT then went to voicemail. They agreed that it could be the sim after checking all of my phone settings and put in a new sim and problem persisted. They said it was phone I had them put the new sim in THEIR phone and problem followed sim so I said it HAD TO BE THEIR SYSTEM. They finally resolved the problem by switching my phone type in their system to Android, recycled my phone power then changed it back to iPhone in their system and recycled power and everything worked. Bottom line is that they agreed there was a problem somewhere in the AT&T system

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 5:45 PM in response to CarlAVII

Went the entire route on this one - spent over 2 hours in chat with Apple working the "checklist". Apples final assessment was a bad sim card. Went back to AT&T and phone immediately rang when they called BUT then went to voicemail. They agreed that it could be the sim after checking all of my phone settings and put in a new sim and problem persisted. They said it was phone I had them put the new sim in THEIR phone and problem followed sim so I said it HAD TO BE THEIR SYSTEM. They finally resolved the problem by switching my phone type in their system to Android, recycled my phone power then changed it back to iPhone in their system and recycled power and everything worked. Bottom line is that they agreed there was a problem somewhere in the AT&T system

Sep 24, 2020 5:26 PM in response to Swabby0801

Hello Swabby0801,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your calls going straight to voicemail since the update to iOS 14. Please know it's not recommended that you install a previous iOS, as the latest version will provide you with the most updated security.

Today, Apple released iOS 14.0.1, so if you haven't updated yet, it's a good idea to do so, to see if it corrects this issue. Be sure to create a backup before installing the update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

iPhone 11 IOS14.0 all calls go directly to Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.